We are currently looking for volunteers in the following areas:
1/ Social Media Copy Writer
- Write brief introductions for articles, events, or graphics to be posted on AFHK social media
- Tag the relevant organization or author when possible to increase the visibility of our posts
- Send them to designated committee member for review within a few days to a week
Desired skill set: familiarity with Facebook and other basic Social Media platforms, solid writing and grammar skills, ability to write brief introductions to articles that balance professionalism and accessibility
2/ Marketing Coordinator
Desired skill set:
- Assess and implement marketing tools and campaigns to achieve the AFHK Social Media goals.
Understanding of adoption and related issues, strong computer and writing skills. experience with marketing/publicity. experience with Social Media Optimisation (SMO) and Social Media Marketing (SMM), experience with social media platforms and tools including Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, follow the AFHK “Aesthetic” in all SM posts.
Further information available on request
3/ Adult Adoptee Coordinator
- Outreaches to potential adult adoptee members and encourages membership.
- Organises occasional events for adult adoptees and facilitates connections between adult adoptees and other relevant parties (e.g. if an adult adoptee wants to be a mentor or volunteer at an event)
- Works with relevant SC members such as Roots Tracing Coordinator to ensure up-to-date information relevant to adult adoptee concerns.
Desired skill set: good communication, interpersonal, and organisational skills, aware and informed regarding the needs and experiences of adult adoptees, active in social media, groups, or other means of connecting with adult adoptees.
If you are interested in taking on all or part of a particular role, or if you have other skills that you think may benefit AFHK, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to working with you!
The Steering Committee