This informal gathering aims to bring together families who are currently in the process of adopting children from Hong Kong or from other countries.
This will be a time to share our experiences while waiting to be matched with a child. So come with a topic you want to discuss or just a listening ear!
The Waiting Family events are open to :
- members and non-members
- families who have not yet been able to start the adoption process for one reason or another but who are actively planning to expand their family through adoption
- families who are currently in the process of adopting a child (i.e. families who have started the home approval process)
- families who have completed the approval process and are waiting to be matched
Please note that in Hong Kong the actual adoption application process is quite straightforward and clear and this information is available from the agencies that oversee local adoptions. We, therefore, ask that families coming to these events leave aside questions regarding application procedures and avoid treating the event as an information gathering session for sorting Hong Kong paperwork but, along with other waiting families, focus on preparation and developing an understanding of what it means to be an adoptive family.
Do keep in mind that we are not an adoption agency and therefore cannot give advice about application procedures.
• This meeting is FREE FOR CURRENT AFHK MEMBERS
• 140HKD for non-members or lapsed members (or see below to join/renew and attend this event for FREE). Payment required in advance.
If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Teresa Lai at +852 9034 2701.
如對此聚會有任何疑問，可發電郵至 email@example.com 或致電+852 9034 2701與Teresa Lai聯絡。我們期待與你們見面！