Monthly DiscussionsAFHK Monthly Discussions are held on a monthly basis about 10 times a year, generally on a Friday from 12.20 till 2 pm time in Central. Two to three times a year we combine a shorter monthly discussion meeting from 12.20 – 1.30 with a parent discussion meeting from 1.30 – 2.30. A couple of times a year the Monthly Discussion meeting is held in the evening from 7:00 - 9:00pm.
Previous Discussions topics:
- Evening Meeting: Language of Learning
- Building Connections: How Dads Can Strengthen Attachment and Facilitate Development
- Monthly Discussion: Simplicity Parenting
- Monthly Discussion: Adult Adoptee Panel
- Monthly Discussion + Parent Support Meeting: Putting the Pieces Together: Building Connections Through Creating Life Stories
Waiting Families Gatherings
Waiting families and families who have recently adopted meet each trimester to share their experiences and provide each other with support and understanding.
A fun filled day of running around, playing, family games, eating & enjoying the fresh air at Victoria Gardens at the top of the peak. Bring all the family & friends.
Annual Family Holiday Party
Usually held in the early part of December, this is a gathering for our members to share an afternoon of fun, see Santa give a present to your little one(s), hear stories, sing songs and be merry!
Date and Speaker to be announced
2016 topic : Developmental Trauma: Implications for Heart, Mind and Body