Monthly DiscussionsAFHK Monthly Discussions are held on a monthly basis about 10 times a year, generally on a Friday from 12.20 till 2 pm time in Central. Two to three times a year we combine a shorter monthly discussion meeting from 12.20 – 1.30 with a parent discussion meeting from 1.30 – 2.30. A couple of times a year the Monthly Discussion meeting is held in the evening from 7:00 - 9:00pm.
Previous Discussions topics:
- Evening Meeting: Language of Learning
- Building Connections: How Dads Can Strengthen Attachment and Facilitate Development
- Monthly Discussion: Simplicity Parenting
- Monthly Discussion: Adult Adoptee Panel
- Monthly Discussion + Parent Support Meeting: Putting the Pieces Together: Building Connections Through Creating Life Stories
- Monthly Discussion: Understanding, Connecting, and Calming the Wild and Wooly Worry Beast
- Panel & Discussion: The Primal Wound
- Back to School Talk: Navigating Challenges in Peer Relationships with Laura Cowan
- Monthly Discussion + Parent Support Meeting: What is Therapeutic Parenting: Going Beyond Traditional Parenting Approaches to Meet a Child's Needs
- Panel Discussion: The 7 Core Issues in Adoption
- Monthly Discussion + Parent Support Meeting: Adoption Through the Developmental Stages
Waiting Families Gatherings
Waiting families and families who have recently adopted meet each trimester to share their experiences and provide each other with support and understanding.
A fun filled day of running around, playing, family games, eating & enjoying the fresh air at Victoria Gardens at the top of the peak. Bring all the family & friends.
Dimsum lunch held twice a year, June and December
Film Nights - held 3 or 4 times a year
Held Annually - May or June
2017 topic : Developmental Trauma: Implications for Heart, Mind and Body
2018 topic: Developmental Trauma Workshop 2018: The Impact of Adverse Experiences & What We Can Do About It