AFHK Administrative Coordinator
Adoptive Families of Hong Kong (AFHK) is a non-profit registered charity comprised of families from diverse social, economic and cultural backgrounds, along with adult adoptees and professionals brought together by the common bond of adoption and/or foster care. Formally established in 1993 the organization provides resources, information, support and social activities to families at all stages of the adoption process and to professionals and others involved in providing adoption services as well as a resource for adoptees and birth families. AFHK activities are currently conducted mostly in English with some limited Cantonese events. You may find further information about our organization at www.afhk.org.hk.
Adoptive Families of Hong Kong is looking for an enthusiastic and dynamic part-time Administrative Assistant who is able to support our organizational mission. The position requires approximately 8 to 12 hours per week and the ability to work from home or a location of your choice. This position reports to the Chair of AFHK.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Manage Communications: Daily checking Gmail account by computer for new emails, replying to simple queries, and distributing emails accordingly. Managing organization of the email accounts, drafting replies on behalf of SC (Steering Committee) members, and following up on existing projects with SC.
Event Support: Designing flyers, posting events on our website and social media, monitoring registrations and payments, sourcing supplies, assisting with set-up and tear down, hospitality, registration, food and book sales, and taking care of guest speakers.
Membership, Volunteer and Fundraising Support: Collaborating with AFHK Outreach & Program Assistant on membership and volunteer management, administration, and inquiries, and fundraising support.
Social Media Support: Marketing and promotion of our organization and events as well as adoption-related information and resources via our social media accounts, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
Secretary Duties on the Steering Committee: Attending committee and subcommittee meetings which occur about once per month on Tuesday evenings, drafting agendas, taking meeting minutes, assigning action items.
Website Support: Updating web pages when necessary and liaising with website host concerning technical issues.
Organisational Logistics: Keeping Operations Manual and protocols updated, digital record-keeping and filing of important documents in Google Drive, maintaining organisation of G suite files. Onboarding of new volunteers, occasional onboarding and cross-training of new employees.
Errands and Inventory: Occasional banking, post office, dealing with vendors, copying, deliveries, and shopping; managing small inventory of items including brochures and supplies/
Other duties as assigned, including providing coverage on essential tasks in the absence of other employees or volunteers
- Strong interpersonal communication and customer service skills.
- Technical skills, including knowledge of web, social media, and computer applications.
- Proactive, self-starting, and well-organized work habits.
- Familiarity and understanding of Gmail and the G Suite (Google Drive, Google Docs, Google Sheets, and Google Slides).
- Knowledge of social media applications including Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
- Comfort with and willingness to learn new computer, web, and technical applications including videoconferencing and webinar platforms.
- Strong spoken and written English. Cantonese an advantage but not essential.
- Prior experience with or understanding of charities or nonprofit organizations, or familiarity with adoption or foster care.
The employment terms are as an independent outside service provider. As such the candidate needs to have their own reliable internet connection and computer to access cloud-based applications.
The candidate must have the unrestricted right to work in Hong Kong or an appropriate Hong Kong visa which allows the candidate to work.
- Hours: Approximately 8 - 12 hours per week with some daily tasks as well as other tasks which can be done on a weekly basis. Some weeks may require 12 hours and other weeks 8 hours. On a monthly basis the overall hours are approximately 40. Hours are generally flexible as long as tasks are completed according to expectations. Twice monthly daytime and/or evening duties at regular events and meetings. Occasional weekend duties to assist at events.
- Salary: HKD 100-120 per hour, depending on experience.
Please submit:1) Introductory letter2) CV3) The contact information (name, email, phone number, and relationship to you) for two people willing to be contacted as references. Candidates will be notified before references are contacted. Please include at least one former work supervisor but preferably both being former work or volunteer supervisors.
Partial or incomplete applications will not be considered. Please submit complete applications to:Ms. Louise Garnaut at email@example.com