AFHK Administrative Assistant
Adoptive Families of Hong Kong is looking for an enthusiastic and dynamic part-time Administrative Assistant who is able to support our organizational mission. The position requires approximately 8-10 hours per week and the ability to work from home or a location of your choice. This position reports to the Chair of AFHK.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
-Manage Email Communications: Checking Gmail account by computer at least every other weekday for new emails, replying to simple queries, and distributing emails accordingly to SC (Steering Committee) members. Managing the organization of the email account, drafting replies on behalf of SC members, and following up on existing projects and taking action on items as required.
- Event support: Posting events on website, monitoring registrations and payments, sourcing supplies, setup, assisting with registration or food and book sales, tear down, taking care of guest speakers and assisting with hospitality.
- Website Support: Updating web pages when necessary and liaising with website host concerning technical issues.
- Membership, Volunteer and Fundraising Support: Collaborating with AFHK Outreach & Program Assistant on membership and volunteer management, administration, and inquiries, and fundraising support.
- Secretary Duties on the Steering Committee: Attending committee and subcommittee meetings which occur about once per month, drafting agendas, taking minutes.
- Errands: Banking, post office, dealing with vendors, copying, deliveries, and shopping, letter writing, mailings.
-Managing small inventory of items including brochures, and supplies.
- Organisational Logistics: Keeping Operations Manual and protocols updated, digital record-keeping and filing of important documents in Google Drive, maintaining organisation of G suite files. Onboarding of new volunteers, occasional onboarding and cross-training of new employees.
- Other duties as assigned, including providing coverage on essential tasks in the absence of other employees or volunteers
- Strong interpersonal communication and customer service skills
- Technical skills, including knowledge of web, social media, and computer applications
- Proactive, self-starting, and well-organized work habits
- Familiarity and understanding of Gmail and the G Suite (Google Drive, Google Docs, Google Sheets, and Google Slides)
- Knowledge of social media applications including Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn
- Comfort with and willingness to learn new computer, web, and technical applications including videoconferencing and webinar platforms
- Strong spoken and written English. Cantonese is an advantage but not essential.
- Prior experience with or understanding of charities or non-profit organizations, or familiarity with adoption or foster care
Approximately 8-12 hours per week with some daily tasks as well as other tasks which can be done on a weekly basis. Hours are generally flexible as long as tasks are completed according to expectations. Twice monthly daytime and/or evening duties at regular events and meetings. Occasional weekend duties to assist at events.
HKD 100-120 per hour, depending on experience.
The employment terms are as an independent outside service provider. As such the candidate needs to have their own reliable internet connection and computer to access cloud-based applications.
The candidate must have the unrestricted right to work in Hong Kong or an appropriate Hong Kong visa which allows the candidate to work.
Adoptive Families of Hong Kong (AFHK) is a non-profit registered charity comprised of families from diverse social, economic and cultural backgrounds, along with adult adoptees and professionals brought together by the common bond of adoption and/or foster care. Formally established in 1993 the organization provides resources, information, support and social activities to families at all stages of the adoption process and to professionals and others involved in providing adoption services as well as a resource for adoptees and birth families. AFHK activities are currently conducted mostly in English with some limited Cantonese events. You may find further information about our organization atwww.afhk.org.hk.
1) Introductory letter to our co-Chairs Lisette Schouten & Hidde Bart (HB) de Vries
3) The contact information (name, email, phone number, and relationship to you) for two people willing to be contacted as references. Candidates will be notified before references are contacted. Please include at least one former work supervisor but preferably both being former work or volunteer supervisors.
Please submit complete applications to:
You may find further information about our organization at www.afhk.org.hk